From: $39 / year
Browse interactive and printable timelines on your computer. Available for Mac and Windows.
- Subscription Information
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Timeline Software is a powerful interactive desktop program to explore your favorite history topics.
Explore timespans as large as the Geological Time Scale and the History of the Universe. Travel from the origin of the universe, starting billions of years ago, to the far future. Zoom in to see events during Prehistory, Ancient, Medieval and Modern History up to the present day.
Timeline Software also works as a microscope. Learn about Science and Technology topics while watching how really fast events, such as a lightning strike, develop in less than a millisecond.
The program uses a time-zooming, responsive interface that displays events in chronological order. Timeline Sofware is the “Google Maps of time“!
Timeline Software is a must have visual software for historians and everybody else.
• Navigate by Click & Drag.
• Navigate with Mouse Scroll and Modifier Keys (Ctrl+Shift+Alt).
• Navigate using the TimeControls, arrows and other screen buttons.
• Change the time point of reference.
• Use the minimap.
• Set full screen mode.
• Zoom-out and navigate to the past and to the future up to a septillion years (1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 years).
• Zoom-in and browse events up to yoctoseconds (0, 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 001 seconds)
• Resize timelines from 1% to 400%.
• Open free, premium timelines and import from csv.
• Open multiple files in tabs.
• Use the navigation pane.
• See the timeline color key.
• See background pictures on each file.
Channels & Rows
• See different channels and rows, with a title each.
• See channel-colored backgrounds.
• Change channel and row distribution.
• Change event distribution and alignment in rows.
Timeline Events (Items)
• See items with name, line and (optionally) icon.
• See item lines with multiple segments.
• See lines and segments with different styles, widths, colors and transparency.
• See start and end dates with mouse hover.
Event Information Window
• Read online articles linked to each item.
• See original documents linked to items.
Print & Export
• Save as picture (jpg, png).
• Print multi-page timelines.
• Choose paper size, orientation & page margins.
• Increase a timeline’s canvas length for better printing results.
• Automatic updates.
• Acces the user manual.
• Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina or later (Intel Only).
• Windows XP, Window 7, Window 8, Windows 10 (Desktop & Tablet Mode).
• 1.6 GHz CPU or faster, 2-core. 2 GB RAM minimum (4 GB RAM recommended).
• Minimum free storage space 500Mb.
• Internet connection is required for license key activation.
For more information, see FAQs.
After purchase, you will receive the license keys in your mail automatically. License keys are also permanently available on your user area My Account > License Keys.
Subscriptions are renewed automatically on a yearly basis. You may cancel a subscription at any time and continue to enjoy the benefits until the end of the subscription’s period. Cancelling your paid subscriptions will revert your copy of Timeline Software to the Free Version.
Please, see subscriptions details here.
Personal, Professional, Professional+30, Professional+60, Perpetual